Monday 7 July 2014

My First White Winter

This summer, I'm at Australia! It's winter here in Aussie and it is my first winter ever. Funny how I spend my summer in winter. Melbourne is cold but it doesn't have snow. (Sobs) However, lucky me, Mount Buller does! And man is it beautiful. So white and cold, I love it! I already miss it! Sigh... I wish I could stay there longer. (Or possibly have that weather in Singapore. Too bad that's not possible.)

My first ever look at snow!

One thing bad about such cold is that you have to cover up a lot. Especially since I'm not used to the cold, I have to wear extra thick and it isn't very stylish if I have to say so myself. Huge snow pants, thick jackets... Not a big fan.  But, sometimes, I don't care because I just love the snow! (Although I would if I lived there... Hmm... But if I did I would get used to the cold.) I made my first ever snowman, (a mini one!) and have my first ever snowball fight! Tobogganing, skiing and so much more first times. 

My first mini snowman! Cute, right? (I didn't have a carrot so... Yeah. Had to make everything from snow. But it's still cute, right?

First attempted selfie with snowy background. Now that I think about it, I don't have a selfie in the snow! Noooo, I totally forgot about it! *goes into the corner and sobs*

Outside the balcony, the table was covered in snow. So I made a smiley face. Hehe.

The highlight of the trip was the skiing though. It was extremely tiring but it was totally worth it. I fell tons of times the first time I tried to ski down a beginner hill. Haha. Surprisingly, it wasn't too hard. Pretty simple for the basics. I didn't learn much except for the basics since the prices were SO HIGH. And since we probably weren't going to ski anytime soon so it wasn't really worth it. I don't have many pictures of skiing since my mind was fully occupied on not falling. Actually, I only have one picture. Which is Belle wearing the bib. (Level bib, it's to let the instructor know that you're in the group) We were put in the very first group (of course) since we never skied before.



Above are the two clearest pictures I have during our ski activity. Since we took the morning session, we had our lunch included. I had quiche with fries. Super delish! I'm gonna find out how to make it. Hehehe. This photo was during lunch. And yes, we were the white koalas. 

Next up, snow play and tobogganing! There was a snow play and toboggan park at Mount Buller and we had TONS fun. We already bought a toboggan but one wasn't enough so we rented another.   Belle and I went tobogganing for a few hours (yes, few hours!) and we went downhill lots and lots of times. We also had a snowball fight! I filled my toboggan with snowballs and asked her to do the same but she didn't so she got bombarded with snowballs. Muahahahahaha. 
Here's a picture of my snowballs:

And here's a picture of the Snowplay and Toboggan Park:

Well, that pretty much sums up my first experience with snow. Although I will posts more pictures if I can find some. 

So how was your summer? Did you spend it in winter like me or did you bask in the heat?

Love,
Bella

PS. This post was supposed to be posted a long time ago but it failed and u didn't realize 'till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment